Memories



Guatemala was such an amazing trip, and one of the best weeks of my life!
I think about it all the time, and if I had the opportunity to go back, I would leave right now.
I met the most amazing people, and got to know the people I went with so much better.
We went as a mission trip, but I think they gave us so much more than we gave them.
All of the people there are so generous with the little that they have.
They have incredible faith and trust in God with everything.
These are just a few things I learned while I was there, along with many others.
We also built relationships with the families we were working with, especially the children.
I loved getting to know them, working, playing, and talking to them even though we couldn’t
always understand each other. Everyday that we worked was so much fun.
We were always working hard, but it didn’t even feel like work because
we were having fun and joking around. While we were working the kids
would come up to us and always wanted to help. Saying goodbye to them on the last day
was so hard, and everyone was crying. I didn’t want to leave that amazing place,
but now that I am home I am so thankful for my family, friends, and everything that I have.
I hope someday I can go back to Guatemala, and I want to go on many more mission trips
all around the world!
-Claire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gringos go to Freddie's

Gringos Go to Work

The people we met