Life at home

I had no expectations for this trip prior to leaving. Now that I am home, I am constantly thinking about how incredible the entire experience was. The night before we flew home was hard. I don't think anyone really wanted to leave the beautiful views, amazing food, or the friendly people we had met. But now that I am home I am able to apply everything I experienced in 8 days to everything I do. The differences between Guatemala and Minnesota really make me think about what I have. It makes me realize how much I take for granted such as having my garbage picked up once a week, having clean, drinkable water from my faucet, or being able to flush my toilet paper. Each moment of the trip was unbelievable but I will never forget the last work day. All the families we had helped build stoves and latrines for came together for one final celebration. It was incredible to see so many people that will benefit from what we helped do. It helped me visualize what we had done, we really left an impact on that community. I will never forget the times I had in Guatemala, it was an incredible experience, and I can't wait to go back again some day!
- Larkin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gringos go to Freddie's

Gringos Go to Work