The experience of a lifetime

It has already been two months since we returned from Guatemala. Before we left, none of us really knew what to expect or even much about everything we would be doing, but we all decided to trust that it would be fun no matter what if we all went together. But we were wrong, it was more than fun. It was the experience of a lifetime that I wouldn’t trade for the world. While we were there we had the pleasure to build smokeless stoves and latrines for a few of the families in a community. However, I feel as if everyone there had given me far more than I could have even imagined giving them, and if I was ever asked to return it would be the fastest yes I have ever given in my whole life. What had made the biggest impact on me was the people and families I met. Seeing their faith and positive attitude about everything they have and don’t have has been something I had been able to bring back home with me. I had always thought I was going to eventually travel the world, but this trip has shown me what kind of traveling I really want to do. It isn’t tourism, it’s mission trips. Based on how this trip impacted me, I know that this will not be my last mission trip, and I really hope that it won’t be my last to Guatemala. I am so thankful for all of the people I had met during my trip, especially Juan and Fredy, who were the guardian angels of the whole trip. Thank you guys for making this entire trip possible, it really would not have been the same without either of you. We miss you guys a lot and hope all is well! Thank you to everyone that came on the trip with me, making all of this possible. It really wouldn’t have been the same without any of you, and I hope that we can do it again sometime soon! -Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gringos go to Freddie's

Gringos Go to Work

The people we met